It took me almost seven days after getting a positive COVID test until I finally got a negative one. Even then, I stayed secluded another few days as a safety measure. My mother-in-law is visiting starting tomorrow for a vacation that's been planned for a long time now, and we didn't want anything to possibly screw that up.
Being holed up in a room left me without much else to do but watch TV, catch up on movies, and work.
The vacation will be a road trip through Utah and the Mighty 5. I'll have lots of photos for my next post.
- Antlers was a bit boring in parts with a decent monster.
- The Empty Man was a bit of a surprise. Starts out with a creepy opening, then the rest of the film is a slow burn that ends in a way that reminded me of the Hammer films of the 60s and 70s.
- Freaky was a fun horror-themed version of Freaky Friday where a victim and killer swap bodies.
- Morbius is as bad as you may have heard it was.
- Nightmare Alley could probably have been edited down an additional 20 minutes, and I'd have been fine with it. A story about a horrible guy who you're supposed to feed bad for when horrible things happen to him.
- RRR is a fun ride. Like a lot of Indian films, it's long and has a few dance numbers, but the action is over-the-top insane.
- Prey was an absolute blast. Loved this movie which is like resetting to the starting point of when Predator aliens first landed on Earth to open up hunting season.
Reelhouse Foundation Films
- They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969) takes its time but it sure packs a punch at the end.
- The Shout (1978) was freaky weird. Don't let strangers invite themselves into your home.
- The Gumball Rally (1976) was a true thrill for me because it's a film I absolutely loved after seeing at the theater when I was a kid, and it hasn't gotten old for me. Love this movie. One of those I could watch every year and never get tired of.
One of the initial worker-placement games, I've played it before and had fun with it, but a four-person playthrough on BoardGameArena is taking forever and I think we've lost our steam. I needed to do a better job at boning up on the rules for this one first.