I've been fully vaccinated now. While there are still a lot of folks who've done it, there are just as many, or more, still who have not.
But that hasn't stopped most of them from abandoning safety measures and tossing any sense to the wind. I'm seeing masks less and less when venturing out. I'm definitely in a minority now when I have mine on.
Work is going well. We are planning our next departmental gathering at headquarters toward the end of June. I think that will be fine. I'm expecting our international co-workers from the Philippines and Brazil will have to attend remotely though.
- Can't Stop the Music could also be named That Village People Movie from the 80's. Don't really recommend it.
- Sweetheart was a decent film. On Netflix currently. About a woman who's turns up on a deserted island after the boat she was on capsizes. But something else is also stalking the island.
- Crossroads (2002) could also be named That Britney Spears Movie from 2002. Wasn't all that bad, but I'll likely never watch it again.
- Mortal Kombat (2021) The new Mortal Kombat movie wasn't too bad, but while the effects and action where there, it mostly felt like it was floundering around between fights. And some of the finishing move comments were face-palm worthy.
- Kazaam, yes the Shaq film. Please do not watch this. Piles of awful.
- Tom Clancy's Without Remorse turned out to be just okay. It was fine to sit through but it really took me out of the film a number of times when characters did really stupid stuff just because it serviced the plot or something.
- The Thirteenth Floor came out in 1999 and was overshadowed by a number of other films, primarily The Matrix. Better than I was thinking it'd be.
This is the first time in over a year that my board gaming friends had been able to meet in person. All of us had been vaccinated for at least a few weeks and nothing was going to stop us.
After seeing Shut Up & Sit Down's great review of Hansa Teutonica we were all excited to try it out. To be honest, I was a bit skeptical of how fun it would be having only read the rules and seen some other playthrough videos.
Once we got into it though, we had a lot of fun. Played through it twice. Both play-throughs very different from each other. We'll definitely break this one out again.
Top Photo by John Jennings on Unsplash