The holiday season has come and gone. I had off for most of it, but unfortunately had a cold which kept me from doing too much.
My brother works at UPS which means he doesn't typically get much time off around the holidays. This means the timeframe of family get-togethers can be short. In this case, about a 24-hour period, so it's over almost before it starts.
- Aquaman was entertaining. A fun ride, but maybe could have been twenty to thirty minutes shorter than it was.
- The Christmas Chronicles, on Netflix, was an enjoyable watch on Christmas Day for me and my wife.
- Spider-man: Into the Spider-Verse was surprisingly good. The closest thing to a movie version of a comic book I think I've seen. The writing is what made it. Excellent film, one of the best I've seen in 2018.
- Mary Poppins Returns was a bit underwhelming for me. I really liked Lin-Manuel Miranda's character, but the rest of the film was missing the magic the original Mary Poppins had. I really wanted to like this, but it just felt a bit lacking.
Favorite films of 2018
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Ready Player One
- Creed II
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider Verse
Shadowrun Crossfire Prime Runner is a deck builder game. A style of game I like in general. I've heard good things about this game and it's a cyberpunk/futuristic theme which is a bit different than other similar games I have.
I feel like I need try another scenario to see if I really like it or not, so the jury is still out.Top photo credit Aaron Burden